“Shandong University-China Construction Eighth Engineering Division Scholarship”is set up by the First Company of China Construction Eighth Engineering Division, which is used to support the international students, especially the students from the countries of “One Belt One Road”, to study the two-year master's program of “International Project Management” (taught in English) at Shandong University.
1. What is the program about?
This program is aimed to train a batch of senior project management personnels who are familiar and identify with Chinese culture, equipped with the ability of undertaking international project management work, and meet the practical needs of the company and localization. In order to build an international brand in the field of project management education, the school of management in Shandong University employs a lot of famous experts from Britain, Australia, Italy, South Africa, etc., and integrates the excellent educational resources in and around the school, to attract the international students to come to Shandong University. Major courses include: Engineering Economics, Introduction to Project Management, Project Planning and Control, Project Procurement & Project Governance, Project Risk Management, Project Feasibility Study and Post-Evaluation, Project Human Resource and Communication, Project Investment and Financing Management, Essentials of PMBOK Framework, etc. More detailed information about the program can be seen in the following website:
2. Application Eligibility
(1) Applicants must be Non-Chinese citizens in good health, at the age of 18 or above, and possess a valid and private passport.
(2) Applicants must have bachelor's degree or above.
(3) Applicants from Indonesia are preferred.
3. Application and Registration Time
Registration: Every September (the specific date is subject to Admission Notice)
Application Deadline: June 20th each year
4. Application Method
Applicants should make online application, filling the application form and uploading all the required documents. Paper-based applications will not be considered.
Online Application System for International Students: http://www.apply.sdu.edu.cn
Major to Apply: please choose “school of management--master--taught in English--project management”
5. Application Documents
(1) Photocopy of a valid passport
(2) Notarized highest diploma; Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
(3) Academic transcripts; Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
(4) Two Recommendation Letters. Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by associate professor or above.
(5) A personal statement（written in Chinese or English）; This should be a minimum of 800 words, including learning and working experiences, application reason and study plan.
(6) Photocopy of language (English) proficiency certificates.
English native speakers do not need to provide the certificate.
English non-native speakers must provide the certificate of TOEFL (80 or above) or IELTS (6.0 or above) test score, or other certificates with the same level.
Applicants whose highest education is taught in English can provide certificate of teaching language.
6. Places of Scholarship
It is planned to support 6 international students
7. Scholarship Coverage
The China Construction Eighth Engineering Division would provide the tuition fee.
Other fees that are on applicants’ own cost can be found on http://en.sdu.edu.cn/article.php?classid=24
8. Scholarship Selection
(1) A Scholarship Review Committee for International Project Management would be established in Shandong University, together with the First Company of China Construction Eighth Engineering Division to select all the application documents. Academic achievements, academic ability, scientific achievements of the applicants and advices from supervisors would be taken into consideration.
(2) It is estimated that the International Office will announce the admission list on the website and send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China to the awardees before July 15, 2016.
(3) Students must go through the Annual Review of the school. The scholarship will be terminated if the student fails the Annual Review.
9. Contact Us
Email address: email@example.com
Contact address: B512, Zhixin Building, 27 Shanda Nanlu, Jinan, P.R.China
Note: According to the No.83 Document from the Ministry of Education of China, residents of mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan who have emigrated to a foreign country and who are now applying to study in China as international students must have held a valid foreign passport for at least four years, and must have actually resided in a foreign country for at least two years in the past four years. (Nine months of residence in a foreign country may count as a full year. The dates of the entry and exit stamps in the passport will be followed in the determination of actual foreign residence.) Applicants mentioned above should submit additional documents as follows: 1) Certificate of naturalization; 2) Proof of cancellation of the original residence; 3) A photocopy of exit and entry signature pages of the passport in recent four years (original copy for future examination); 4) Proof of study or work experience at abroad in recent two years.